StockholmSubwaystoRy #9 – Hornstull28.02.2016
Hornstull is the station we are going to talk about today! It was opened in 1964, is located in the hip Södermalm and serves the red line in the Stockholm subway system.
The artistic project at Hornstull is called “Altamira” and it was created by Siri Derkert and Berndt Helleberg. Those who evaluated the project said about it that it offers a sense of well-being, given by the background.
The color reproduced on bricks here goes back to 20.000-year-0ld caves in Spain. Between the bricks creating the wall the artists used black and white shapes to make the background more dynamic.
Hornstull metro station is know for its general atmosphere. If you ever want to visit the unique Södermalm, you should also check out this station.
Text and photos: I.P. @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View