StockholmSubwaystoRy #16 – Tensta17.04.2016
Tensta is the last subway station included in Stockholm Subway stoRy in April. It is situated in the district of Tensta and was opened in the autumn of 1975 as part of the blue line in the subway system.
The artist of this station is Helga Henschen and the name of her work is ‘A rose for immigrants’. The name of the art project created here is a reference to the many immigrants living in the area.
The cave of Tensta is filled with texts and poems in different languages, together with drawings of various animals, flowers and trees. One can also see the word “brotherhood” painted on 18 paintings in 18 different languages.
One quotation from Hans Palmstierna says: “We must build a world fit to live in, fit for us and also for future generations.”, while Birger Norman is quoted saying: “The world has come to Sweden: we have a unique opportunity of enriching our culture, of making our lives more interesting through contact with immigrants”.
Tensta represents the changes through which Sweden went through in the 70s. It is definitely one station worth visiting while in Stockholm. Visit the Stockholm Subway stoRy page to see all our stories so far and check our blog every Sunday for new tales from the Stockholm’s subway!
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs.
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View