The Friends Arena tours07.10.2017
Are you a sports fan? Or maybe you just want to be part of a fun evening in one of Stockholm’s most impressive sports arenas? Then you should definitely try out the new tours of Friends Arena. Let’s see what it’s all about.
Friends Arena is the national stadium of Sweden. The beautiful building opened to the public in October 2012. It’s situated in Solna, in the northern part of the Swedish capital, next to the largest shopping mall in Scandinavia, the Mall of Scandinavia.
The arena can host almost 55.000 people during football games and up to 65.000 people during concerts. It’s the home ground for the Swedish men’s national football team after the nearby old stadium Råsunda was demolished. It received the category number 4 from UEFA, as being a top-class football stadium. The local football team AIK plays here too.
Bruce Springsteen brought 56.000+ people to his concert in May 2013, while the national football team of Sweden met England in November 2012 in front of almost 50.000 people. Among other names who have been here, there are: AC/DC, Beyonce, Depeche Mode, Guns N’ Roses, Cristiano Ronaldo, of course, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Besides, the Arena hosted games at the UEFA Women’s Euro in 2013, the final of UEFA Europa League in 2017 between Manchester United and Ajax Amsterdam.
The easiest way you can reach the stadium by having a walk from the commuter train Solna station. You can buy your ticket for the tour here. The prices are 80 SEK for adults and 50 SEK for youth, students, and pensioners. Note that there are only 65 places in a tour. There are tours on the following days: 20 October: 16.00, 21 October: 13.00 and 14.30, 27 October: 16.00, 28 October: 13.00 and 14.30.
Text: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
Photo: Friends Arena
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town (max 16 pax)
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Stockholm Halbtagsausflug mit Schloss Drottningholm
- Stockholm Scenic stoRy Tour
- Stockholm Culinary stoRy Tour
- Stockholm By Land and Water stoRy Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour™ with Vasa Museum and Thiel Gallery™
- Essential Stockholm and Jewish Heritage stoRy Tour ™
- Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour™
- Stockholm Exclusive Private Boat Tours
- Kayak Tour in the Stockholm Archipelago