The Old Town Christmas Market and #Stockholmsjul – Get into the Christmas spirit for free!17.11.2016
We passed now the middle of November. This means, at least in this part of the World, that the Christmas season is nearby. Therefore, the city of Stockholm and its many vendors are getting ready for the holiday season. Here are some suggestions for things you can do for free in order to get into the Christmas spirit – starting already with this weekend!
This being said, let’s have a look at two seasonal events taking place starting with the coming weekend. We are talking here about the Old Town Christmas Market and the #Stockholmsjul.
The Old Town Christmas Market takes places every year in Stortorget, the main square of the Old Town (Gamla Stan). This traditional market is a must on your Christmas visit to Scandinavia. The small red houses around the Christmas tree will be offering traditional Swedish food, other culinary delights and handmade gifts for your loved ones.
The Christmas Market official opens on Saturday, the 19th of November and will be open every day from 11.00 to 18.00 until the 23rd of December. Even more information regarding this can be found on the official website, here.
#Stockholmsjul is the project through which the City of Stockholm and City i Samverkan are preparing the city for the winter holidays by decorating with lights and ornaments 35 streets, places and squares around town.
The inauguration of this year’s lights will take place Saturday, the 19th of November, at 14.30 by the moose at Nybroplan. You will be welcome by classical Christmas music, glögg and gingerbread. Also, there will be details regarding the light walk – specific routes which one can take in order to better enjoy the decorations in Stockholm! Even more information and pictures are available here.
Enjoy the Christmas in Sweden at its fullest by joining our own Stockholm Christmas stoRy Walking Tour. A complete description of the tour and tickets are available here.
Text and photo: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View