StockholmSubwaystoRy #33 – Husby14.08.2016
Another week passed by and that means it’s time for a new entry in our Stockholm Subway StoRy! This time around, we are going to talk about Husby, our 33rd stoRy in this project!
The station was opened in the summer of 1977 and it’s situated in the district with the same name, in the north western part of Stockholm. Husby serves the blue line in the subway system and it’s the second to last station in the northern end of T11 line.
Husby is not one of the most busiest metro stations in the city. Even so, more than 6.000 people visit it on a regular working day. The station is placed 27 meters underground and has one platform and two tracks.
The artwork here is made by Birgit Broms. The summer feeling in the cave is given by the yellowish color of the walls. Also, there are many archipelago motifs to be found along the tracks. Paintings of archipelago boats and scenes from the sea cover the walls. Iconic boats like Waxholm, Sandhams or Norrskär are represented.
In 1993, Helen Sandberg also contributed to the art here. She consulted Broms and added transparent blocks into the walls. By approaching them one would see that they are a representation of various red roses.
Follow here our previous entries in Stockholm Subway stoRy. And visit our blog every Sunday for a new entry in the project which presents you the Stockholm’s underground.
Text and photos: Ionut @ stoRy touRs
- Culinary Stockholm
- Life in Sweden
- Monday inspiration and stoRy
- Photo stoRy for today™
- Stockholm for free
- Stockholm like a local
- Stockholm Subway with stoRy touRs
- Swedish sport
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Throw Back Thursday
- Travel Tuesday with stoRy touRs
stoRy touRs tours
- Stockholm private boat tour and Old Town stoRy Walk
- Stockholm Limousine Tour De Lux
- ABBA The Museum and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Stockholm Old Town stoRy Walking Tour
- The Ice Bar and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm Nynäshamn
- Stockholm Old Town Walk with a guided visit in the Royal Palace
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Essential stoRy Tour – Vasa, the City Hall, Old Town
- Stockholm- Nynäshamn Shore Excursion (9,5h)
- Drottningholm Palace and Stockholm Old Town Tour
- Thiel Gallery and Stockholm Panorama Tour
- Stockholm stoRy Tour with Sky View